Do you have a repair, electrical issue, home improvement, or an emergency that requires the services of an electrician? Let us help you find one near your area. But first, here are some questions to keep in mind before hiring someone for the job:
- Do you have a license? Professionalism is one of the main reasons why you should always hire a licensed electrician. You can expect licensed contractors to provide you an estimate of how long the job is going to take, up-front quotes, and a detailed report of all the work and equipment that will be used. Besides, it’s the law in Australia to have a licensed electrician to work on your system.
- Do you have insurance? A company that carries insurance can save you from bigger problems in the future. For one, if damages are done to your home or when an accident occurs, you may be held liable. So while this isn’t a requirement for every state, it’s better to work with insured electricians.
- How long have you been in the business? Being in the industry for a long time is not an easy feat, considering the amount of competition in every location. So if the contractor has been around for more than 10 years, you are sure to receive only quality work.
- Do you have warranties or guarantees for your services? A company that can stand behind their work is a trait you should look out for. Offering warranties or guarantees in their services proves how much they trust their skills and capabilities. Also, this gives you peace of mind knowing you can always call them back if there’s a problem with their work.
- How much is your rate? A reputable and trusted electrician will provide you up-front costs with no hidden expenses.
These are questions you should ask contractors before officially getting their services. These questions can guide you to hire only skilled, experienced, licensed, and reputable contractors who can do the job right and fast. By choosing a reputable electrician, you can minimize the chances of mistakes and sloppy work. Also, if you develop a good relationship with your chosen contractor, you’ll have an electrician nearby who can provide you advice and services for issues in the future.
Now that you know what to look out for, it’s time to find an electrician near you. And here’s how you can do that.
3 Ways to Find a Reputable Electrician
Google is the easiest and fastest way to find a local electrician near you. Just type in “Electrician near me,” and you will immediately see a list of contractors in your area. Just remember, businesses in the top results aren’t always the best. So make sure to read reviews on a company’s website or through Google itself.
2. Online Directories
Online directories are also a great way to find an electrician. These are platforms that connect customers to local businesses in their area. For example, Yelp is one of the most popular directories today, and it’s available in Australia. Just type in “Electrician” in the Find section and input your location. You will then be presented with almost all the contractors in your area.
Again, make sure to read the reviews as this will give you an idea of how the electrician does his work and treats his clients.
After comparing prices and choosing a contractor, your last step to finding a reputable electrician is to check for complaints. This will help you make an informed decision, and it can also save you from any potential problems down the road. If you’re residing in Sydney, you can use the Fair Trading’s complaint register.
Need a Reputable Electrician in Sydney?
If you’re looking for an electrician, consider Electrician to the Rescue. We have been serving Sydney since 1984, helping homes with their repairs, maintenance, and electrical installations. We are fully licensed, and we’re insured for Workers Compensation and Liability Insurance. We also offer lifetime guarantees on all our work. Contact us today, and after inspecting your project, we’ll provide you a written and fixed quote.