. . .

How Developers Ensure The Land Is Safe

If you live in a suburb or are building a new house on developed land, how do you know the land is safe from flooding, etc? Most people don’t really think about this too much, but that’s because it is the land developer’s job to ensure the land is safe from high-probability things like landslides or flooding. Let’s get into how this works for developers.

Land Survey

Before a developer can put in sewer lines, water lines, or electricity, they first have to have a land survey done. This land survey is done for both residential and commercial property. These land surveys go over things like flood plains and are required in order to get zoning certificates from the local municipality.

All developed land much receive a flood elevation certificate, which ensures the land is not subject to flooding or has been raised enough to divert water so that flooding will no longer occur if it doing so currently. If you aren’t sure how to get a flood certification, simply search for flood elevation certificate surveyor near me on the internet. This will allow you to get in contact with the right surveyor who can help your development company either get the certificate you need or to know what sort of work will be required in order to obtain a certificate.

Once the developer has all of the flood and zoning certificates, as well as the residential or commercial permits, they can then legally start developing the land. Development usually consists of bringing in utility services such as power, gas, and water as well as putting in roads, sidewalks, sewer, and street lighting.

There is quite a bit that goes into developing land. This is all done so that you as the consumer who lives on the land don’t have to worry too much about it.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *